URA e-services will undergo maintenance on 1 Mar 2024 (Fri) from 10pm till 5am the next day and will be unavailable during this period. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

GST refunds for processing fees paid on Development Applications and Lodgments. Click for more details.
Be wary of phishing or scam attempts. URA will NOT ask for sensitive personal information relating to your accounts, such as your Singpass ID/password or your banking ID/password. As a safeguard, all official SMSes sent by URA will not carry clickable links. Use our feedback form to report any suspicious SMSes supposedly from URA. Stay vigilant and safe! Learn how to spot these scams.

Considerations for Property Use

Depending on your business use and the type of property you have in mind, you may need to apply for planning permission. For example, you want to set up a restaurant in a particular commercial building. Use this list to find out if you need to apply for planning permission.

There are certain designated areas and locations where the planning intention is to introduce activity generating uses (AGU). This is to activate and enliven streets by contributing to its vibrancy, and attracting visitorship to precincts. Learn more about AGU requirements from the Urban Design Requirements tab in the respective DC Handbook or your development type. Check URA SPACE to find out whether your property is within an AGU area.

Select your business use below to find out where your business can be allowed.