Strata-titled Residential

Internal works within your flat or condominium unit do not require planning permission when there is no increase in Gross Floor Area (GFA).

If the home improvements works within strata units involve an increase in GFA, a letter signed by the Secretary or Chairperson of the council of the estate's management corporation (MC) is required. The letter should explain that the MC has 90% resolution authorised to carry out proposed works for a strata unit.

The letter must be submitted together with the proposal as part of the planning application to URA. Download the Authorisation Letter here.

This applies to non-conservation strata-titled residential properties only. Please refer to conservation guidelines for conservation strata-titled residential properties.