Extension of Planning Permission

To extend the time period for development works to be carried out, you will need an extension of provisional or written permission. 

Provisional Permission (PP)

A PP will lapse 6 months from the day it was granted. You will need to apply to extend the PP 2 months before it expires.

Written Permission (WP)

A WP will lapse 2 years from the day it was granted. You will need to apply to extend the WP 2 months before it expires.

For approved developments that have not started construction, and are on a site that is not affected by public schemes or planning studies, you may be given up to 2 extensions of WP e.g. potentially a total of 6 years from the day WP was granted.

Once foundation or piling works have been completed, further WP extension may be given as long as there is sufficient progress of construction works on site. You are advised to declare this on your EDA form for WP extension with site photographs to show the completed works.

Anyone can submit an application to extend the PP or WP. If you are not the owner of the property, you must obtain written consent from the owner. 

For the first and second extensions, the fee is $535 (inclusive of GST).

For third and subsequent extensions, the cost is incremental of $1,070 per subsequent extension.

It generally takes 15 working days to access your application. You can check the status of your application online.


If you are not the property owner, you must first obtain the written consent / approval from the owner of the land or premises, or Singapore Land Authority if the premises is owned by the State.

Before you submit the online application, ensure that you have the following information:

Submit the online application using SingPass login.

Pay the application fee online. You will need the Reference ID of your application submission.